Welcome to the second half of 2018 and I’m back from my impromptu hiatus, I really did miss you. What happened? I really don’t know, I was physically drained, trying to put different things into perspective, so much that the morale to type a post wasn’t there and I decided not to push it. Sometimes, you don’t have to push things, so it doesn’t get to that point where it breaks. Remember Hooke’s Law of Elasticity?
One time, I downloaded a blog schedule, to enable me make drafts on time and set proposed publishing dates, at the back of my mind I already knew it wouldn’t work, I just jejely deleted it, to re-download it when I truly need it. In this same vein, I have decided to combine two posts in one, because they are both over due and well… First, is about the GTBank food and drink fair, the second is an award. Sim of Sim’s Jollies & Jaunts nominated me for the Mystery Blogger award since March (hiding my face in shame).
I attended the GTBank food and drink on May 1st, which I almost didn’t attended. I actually looked forward to this year’s own, but when I saw the dates, I was skeptic I wasn’t going to attend. I registered for the Sunday Master Classes, Sunday came I couldn’t attend, then Tuesday was a public holiday, I was supposed to work, but somehow I got the day off. I was sad anyway’s because I would have registered earlier to attend Siba’s class (Siba’s table on Food Network) sadly registration had closed then
My highlight was when we found “That good Tapioca” stand, i’m still amazed that she could transform tapioca in that manner, her tapioca flavours are all Ajebors. Wait, do you know what tapioca is? Tapioca is a starchy pudding made from cassava, like pap, but it doesn’t have a smooth consistency like pap, it has “koko” that is lumps.
I had chocolate flavour and shavings, that I don’t remember but tasted sweet, while my friend had, the regular with M&M toppings. Check them out @thatgoodtapioca on Instagram.
Later on we had glazed corn cobs from Corn Nation, @cornnation they say their corn has a Phd, Lol! initially I had reservations, but the foodie in me just had to try it and I liked it. PS: Sasha P, the musician was the one who made ours.
Extra seat were announced for one master class, but security won’t let us in, because we had food(corn cobs in a plastic pack), which wasn’t allowed inside. By the time we were done eating, they said there were no more seats.
MYSTERY BLOGGER AWARD
About The Award:
This is an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging, and they do it with so much love and passion.
Like I stated earlier, I was nominated by Sim of ‘Sim’s Jollies & Jaunts’. Sim’s blog is like her personal space, which she invites you in and takes you on a journey of well put together words, thoughts, opinions, stories and rants. You should definitely follow her and subscribe, to get her gists first hand.
- Put the award image on your blog.
- List the rules.
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Answer the questions given to you.
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself.
- You have to nominate 5-10 people.
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blogs.
- Ask your nominees 5 questions of your choice; with one weird/funny question (specify)
- Share a link to your best post (s).
Three (3) Things About Myself:
- When I was younger, I had to cry before I go to bed, even if there was nothing to cry about or someone to beat me, I had to look for ways to cry. Genuine cry with real tears.
- I love bread! Good bread.
- I dislike constant repetitive routines
Sim’s Questions And My Answers:
- Do you sing in the shower? I rarely do. I sing most while cooking.
- Outside blogging, what do you do? I work as an HR Personnel, also currently serving our Fatherland.
- How do you feel about women talking down women? I feel strongly against it, if we keep our differences aside and help each other in little ways we can, we will surpass our dreams, ambitions and imaginations.
- Do you think a public embarrassment deserves a public apology or any apology is fine? It doesn’t have to be a rule, but then, yeah.
- If aliens invaded earth and you could only take 3 things (not humans). What would you take? My bible, My phone and charger, hoping there’ll be electricity and internet.
Questions For My Nominees:
- what are the top 3 songs on your current/favourite playlist?
- Do you have a mantra? what is it.
- If you were president of your country for a week, what would you do?
- What movie or book would you love to see or read over and over, tirelessly?
- Whats your biggest pet peeve?
My Nominees Are:
- Oreofe of Life of Oreofe
- Rich of iScriblr
- Nonye of Beautiful should with Nonye
- Hephzibah of HephzyBee Blog
- Joseyphina of Joseyphina’s World
Good Luck! You know you don’t have to, if you don’t want to.
Find me on:
Facebook page Just Bella